We are Career Girl Daily London Ltd. (an English limited with number 11045894) and we operate the websites careergirldaily.com, cgdlondon.com and careergirldailyshop.com (the “Sites”). Our registered office is at 85 Great Portland street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT. In these Terms we are referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” and “CGD London”.
This page sets out the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) on which we sell products (an “Item” or “Items”) through the Sites.
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure you understand them before ordering any Items from the Sites. Before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. By placing an order on the Sites or purchasing Items from the Sites, you confirm your acceptance of these Terms.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to order Items, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which apply to your purchase(s) at that time.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. These Terms were most recently updated on 4 June 2018.
HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US ON THE SITES
The pages on the Sites will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order. Please take the time to check the details of your order at each page of the order process and again before clicking “Confirm and Pay”, as you will not be able to make changes to your order after this point.
After you place an order by clicking “Confirm and Pay”, we will send you an email acknowledging that we have received your order. We will then send you an email that confirms that the Items have been despatched (an “Order Confirmation”).
All Items are subject to availability. As there is a delay between the time when the order is placed and the time when the order is processed, the stock position of particular Items may change. We may decline an order if, for example, an Item you have ordered is unavailable, out of stock, we are unable to obtain authorisation of your payment, if there is an error in an Item’s description (including its price or promotional status) or if we suspect fraudulent activity.
If we are unable to supply you with an Item in these circumstances we will inform you of this by email. If you have already paid for any such Item, we will refund you the full amount (including any delivery costs) you have paid as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 14 days.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms, you confirm you are at least 18 years old. You may not order an Item from our Sites if you are under 18 years of age.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You may not use of the Service to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in the immediate cancellation of any open orders, the closure of your account and the revocation of your permission to use the Sites.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You agree not to copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of any Items, use of any Items, access to the Items or any contact on the Sites through which the Items are provided without our prior written consent.
ORDERS AND ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
The images of the Items on the Sites are for illustrative purposes only. Although we try to display the colours of Items accurately, we cannot guarantee that your device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Items. The Items you order may therefore vary slightly from those images.
We try to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Items are accurate when such information is published on the Sites. We may refuse orders where any such information (including but not limited to an Item’s price or its promotional status) has been inaccurately published.
All Items are sold on the basis they are suitable for domestic use only. We do not claim any Item is suitable for use in a commercial or public environment and we will not accept any liability if you choose to use an Item in such manner.
Our Items are not designed for minors so please take extra care when purchasing Items as gifts for people under 18 years of age.
Items’ prices may change from time to time without notice. However, these changes will not affect orders that have already been placed.
Unless otherwise stated, the prices of Items include applicable VAT (or similar sales taxes) at the prevailing rate. Our VAT number is GB 273338005.
The price of an Item does not include delivery and returns charges. We will provide you with details of our delivery charges during the order process. You can also see our delivery options and charges on our Delivery Details page. You can get information about charges for returning items (if you choose to use one of our returns methods) on our Returns Information Page.
While we try to ensure the content on the Sites (including descriptions of the Items and associated services such as shipping, payment terms, offers and promotions and delivery timescales) is accurate, the Sites may at times contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We may therefore correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and change or update information at any time and without notice. Where this affects an order you have already placed, we will notify you of the error. In this regard, we may decline to fulfil any order(s) you place based on information on the Sites that contains errors or inaccuracies.
The Sites may contain certain historical information. Historical information by definition is not current and is provided for your reference only. We may modify the contents of the Sites at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Sites. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the Sites.
We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to, or price change, suspension or discontinuance of, any Item.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms.
- If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
If the product includes personalised content selected by you, it is a personalised product (Personalised Product). If it is a standard product which does not include any content selected by you, it is a non-personalised product (Non-Personalised Product).
- All orders for personalised products are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions with the addition of the following terms which must be agreed and accepted by you when you purchase a personalised product.
- Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement carefully to check that all the details, especially the personalised text you have requested, are correct as it will be produced exactly as you enter it including any capitalisation (e.g. joy, JOY, Joy). It is up to you to ensure that content you have requested for inclusion in a personalised product is correct and is for example spelt correctly.
- Your right to cancel an order under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 does not apply to personalised products. Cancellations will only be accepted at our discretion.
- Dispatch of personalised products will be within 5 working days from the date your order is accepted by us. When ordering non-personalised products as well as personalised products in the same order these will be dispatched together once the personalised products are ready for dispatch.
- Please ensure you have read and understand our Content Rules below. By purchasing personalised product you are confirming your agreement of and adherence to our Content Rules. We reserve the right to refuse any order which is not in line with our Content Rules
- Personalised products cannot be returned or exchanged unless the products are faulty or damaged
- Refunds and or replacements for faulty and damaged products will be provided in accordance with our standard Terms and Conditions but please note that refunds cannot be given if the fault is as a result of your own actions such as if personalisation is spelt incorrectly.
- By ordering personalised product you are agreeing that your details (name and contact details including address) can be shared with our third party supplier who provides the personalisation service only for the purposes of completing the personalisation service and delivering the product to you.
We do not permit personalised products to include any content which:
- infringes anyone's copyright;
- infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality;
- contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation;
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person;
- misrepresents identity or impersonates any person;
- includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person;
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group;
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person;
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us; or
- Advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act.
The General Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with these Specific Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict between the General Terms and Conditions and the Specific Terms and Conditions, the conditions of the Specific Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1. Only one discount code per registered user can be redeemed.
2. The discount codes are only valid between the dates and times specified in the Specific Terms and Conditions. If no duration or expiration is specified, Career Girl Daily London Ltd. reserves the right to expire such discount codes at its sole discretion.
3. A minimum Purchase Price will be required in order to receive the free gift (the "Purchase Price" is the price of the products, excluding delivery fees). In order to receive the free gift the minimum purchase price after applying a potential discount code needs to be £45.
4. Product bundles count as 1 product.
5. In the event a discount is granted as a fixed amount (as opposed to a percentage discount), and the purchase amount is less than the discount, the unused discount value will be forfeited.
6. Enter the discount code during the payment process for the appropriate discount to be applied to the relevant amount.
7. Career Girl Daily London Ltd User Agreement, Privacy and Cookies Policy apply to all purchases where discount codes are used.
8. The discount code cannot be used in combination with other discounts, coupons, offers, gift certificates or other promotions available on the Site.
9. Discount codes have no cash alternative and they are not transferable or assignable.
10. If you are eligible for a refund, neither the voucher nor its redeemable value will be refunded. You will receive the maximum amount you have actually paid as the purchase amount.
11. If the promotions includes a free product, the free products must be returned if the you wist to apply for a full refund. If the free products is not included in the return the full sales price of that product will be deducted from the refund.
12. If the promotions is in connection with a previous order (e.g. a limited timed discount code after an order/second order discount) the products of the discounted order will revert back to their full price if the previous order is returned.
13. Please note: new products and pre-order products may be excluded from promotions.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to the law of England & Wales.
Career Girl Daily London Ltd. reserves the right to interrupt, modify or cancel this promotion at any time if the circumstances make appropriate action necessary. Career Girl Daily London Ltd. reserves the right to add additional specific terms and conditions for specific parts of this coupon promotion.
Certain products may be available exclusively online through the Sites. These products may be available in limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Returns Policy (see below).
We may, but are not obligated to, limit the sales of products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We may limit the quantities of any products sold on our Sites. Any offer you make to buy products through the Sites is void where prohibited by law.
We may modify or discontinue products (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, information or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the product credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address.
We may limit or decline orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
Although we will make efforts to begin delivering Products as soon as reasonably practicable, you understand and agree that there may be delays. An estimated time of shipment is only an estimate, is subject to change, and Career Girl Daily London Ltd does not represent or warrant that it will be able to ship the Product by the estimated date. As a result, in the event that a delay arises and the estimated shipment and/or release of the product is not met, Career Girl Daily London Ltd is not responsible for any damages that may occur due to the delay, nor shall it be obligated, except as set forth in these Terms, to provide any discounts, refunds or credits due to any such delays. We will provide you periodical updates with respect to such delivery schedule. If for any reason you decide that you do not wish to continue to wait for your Product, you may cancel your order.
ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
If we make a change to or cancel an order, we will notify you using the email address, billing address and/or phone number you provide when you place your order.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made through our Sites. You agree to update your account and other information (including your email address and payment card details) promptly, so we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
We will deliver your order within 30 days of the order date unless otherwise agreed between us.
We will try to meet any indicative delivery date. However, there may be times we are unable to do so and your actual delivery date will be different.
Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Items
By law, the Items we provide must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information we have provided, and that match any samples or models you have seen or examined (unless we have made you aware of any differences). If any Items you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect Items, please contact us as soon as possible to tell us of the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund, repair or replacement.
Beginning on the day you receive the Items you have a 14-day right to reject the Items and to receive a full refund if they do not conform as stated above. Alternatively, you may request a repair or a replacement. We will bear any associated costs and will carry out the repair or replacement within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to you. In certain circumstances, where a repair or replacement is impossible or otherwise disproportionate, we may instead offer you a full refund. If you request a repair or replacement during the 30-day rejection period, that period will be suspended while we carry out the repair or replacement and will resume on the day you receive the replacement or repaired products. (If fewer than 7 days remain out of the original period, it will be extended to 7 days.) If, after a repair or replacement, the Items still do not conform (or if we cannot do so as previously described, or have failed to act within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to you), you may have the right either to keep the Items at a reduced price, or to reject them in exchange for a refund. If you exercise the final right to reject the Items more than six months after you have received the them, we may reduce any refund to reflect the use that you have had out of the Items.
You are not eligible to claim under this section if: (a) we informed you of any faults, damage or other problems with the Items before your purchase of them; (b) you have purchased the Items for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to us and the problem has resulted from your use of the products for that purpose; or (c) the problem is the result of normal wear and tear, misuse or intentional or careless damage.
To return Items to us under this section, please contact us first via: email@example.com.
Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this section will be issued within 14 days of the day on which we agree you are entitled to the refund.
All refunds issued under this section will include all delivery costs paid by you when the Items were originally purchased.
Returning Products If You Change Your Mind
If you are not satisfied with any Items purchased from us, you have a right to return them in exchange for a refund under this section provided you tell us you wish to do so within 14 days of receiving the Items.
If you wish to return Items to us under this section you must do so within 7 days of telling us you wish to do so.
All Items must be returned to us in their original condition, in their original, un-opened packaging, and be accompanied by proof of purchase.
You may return Items to us by post or another suitable delivery service of your choice to the returns address set out below. You are solely responsible for the cost of returning Items to us under this section.
Refunds will be issued within 14 days of the day on which we receive the returned Items.
Please note that because of the nature of our digital products, we do not accept returns or issue refunds once your order is completed and we have given you access to the digital product.
Please send all returns to:
CGD LONDON RETURNS
PO BOX 7861
For your own protection, we advise you to send your return tracked and signed, using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the Item(s). You may also request proof of shipping from the Royal Mail/the delivery service you use when you return your Item(s) to ensure you are protected.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available through our Sites may include materials from third parties.
Such links may direct you to third party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of such third party websites. We accept no liability or responsibility for the content or operation of any third party websites; for any materials, products or services provided by third parties; or for the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third party websites. Please carefully review all third party websites’ policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you use those websites or engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns or enquiries regarding third party products or websites should be directed to the operator of the website in question.
THIRD PARTY - KLARNA
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
· Pay later.
Further information and Klarnas user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna you can find here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
CGD London promo codes cannot be applied to previously placed orders and are not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit.
Promo codes that offer money off an Item’s purchase price cannot be used in combination with free shipping promo codes, and may not be combined with other money off promo codes.
Certain products are excluded from promo codes. See the details of each promo code for a list of any excluded products.
USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or, without a request from us, you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans or other materials, whether online, by email, by post or otherwise, you agree we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any such comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation to (1) maintain such comments in confidence; (2) pay compensation for such comments; or (3) respond to or act upon such comments.
We may, but are not obligated to, monitor, edit or remove content submitted to or through our Sites that we determine in our sole discretion are or may be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or that violates any party’s intellectual property rights or these Terms.
You confirm that your comments and submissions do not violate any rights of any third party (including copyright, trade mark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary rights) and do not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, offensive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Sites, any related website and/or our network(s) and server(s).
When submitting comments, you may not use a false email address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of your comments. You are solely responsible for any comments or submissions you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments you post.
The CGD LONDON ‘Refer a friend, Get £10’ is being promoted by CGD LONDON having its registered office at CGD LONDON, 85 Great Portland street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to all aged 18 and over. No third-party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. CGD LONDON reserves the right to verify the eligibility of users. CGD LONDON may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and prizes may be withheld until and unless CGD LONDON is satisfied with the verification.
- Codes associated with CGD LONDON's Refer-a-Friend promotion are valid for three months. The discount is only redeemable on full price merchandise and for orders of £50 and over. It cannot be used in conjunction with sale, markdowns, or other promotions.
- For every friend you refer who makes a successful first purchase you will receive a £10 OFF your next order over £50. Your friend will receive £10 OFF the first order with CGD LONDON (minimum spend £50).
- A successful purchase is defined as a valid referral friend who does become a customer and has not returned the order to CGD LONDON, where an unsuccessful referral friend is defined as a valid referral candidate that does not become a client/customer of CGD LONDON or returns the order to CGD LONDON.
- You will receive £10 OFF orders over £50 fifteen days after your friend makes a purchase.
- Every friend that you refer will also receive £10 OFF their first (£50 minimum) order with CGD LONDON.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the promotion, CGD LONDON reserves the right to end or suspend the promotion.
- Users’ personal data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the Promotion. CGD LONDON will comply with all requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Facebook or any other form of social media. By entering this Promotion, Users are providing information to CGD LONDON and not to Twitter or Facebook and agree to release Twitter and Facebook from any liability associated with the Promotion.
- CGD LONDON reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, Users shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
In addition to other prohibitions set out in the Terms, you are prohibited from using the Sites or their content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any applicable regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate any person or group, or discriminate against them based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will or may affect the functionality or operation of the Sites or of any related website, other websites or the internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Sites or any related website, other websites or the internet. We may terminate your use of the Sites or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of Items or the Sites will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results obtained from the use of Items or the Sites will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove Items for indefinite periods of time or amend or cancel our services at any time, without notice to you.
You agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Items or the Sites is at your sole risk. The Sites and all products delivered to you through the Sites are (except as expressly stated by us) provided “as is” and “as available” for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title and non-infringement.
In no case shall Girl Daily Media LLP, its members, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Girl Daily Media LLP and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees from any claim or demand (including without limitation legal fees) made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms, the documents they incorporate by reference and/or or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
If any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our services, or when you cease using our site. However, the obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of these Terms for all purposes.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any provision of these Terms, we may also terminate these Terms at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination and/or we may deny you access to our Sites (or any part thereof).
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Sites or in respect to our services constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Sites and our services, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms shall not be construed against the drafting party.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and any separate agreements whereby we provide you with services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
If you are a consumer based in the United Kingdom, any disputes concerning these Terms, the relationship between you and us or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a consumer based outside the United Kingdom, any disputes concerning these Terms, the relationship between you and us or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
CHANGES TO TERMS
You can review the most current version of these Terms at any time on this page.
We may, at our sole discretion, update, change or replace any part of these Terms by posting updates and changes to the Sites. It is your responsibility to check our Sites periodically for changes to these Terms. Your continued use of or access to the Sites and/or our services following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of those changes in full.
Please send any enquiries about these Terms to firstname.lastname@example.org.